During any home remodeling projects, make sure only qualified electricians work to ensure new outlets and wiring are up to code.
Check the following eight areas of your home to help make it more electrically safe. Not following these recommendations could lead to an electrical shock, overheating or a fire.
Don't place any electrical appliance near water, such as a sink or bathtub. Appliances that are used near water should be unplugged when not in use. If you have an appliance that has gotten wet, unplug it and don't use it until it has been checked by a qualified repairperson.
If an emergency does occur, please follow these guidelines:
Outdoor (high voltage) electricity